To use the SQL database, you definitely require an SQL hosting and the best option for this purpose is a dedicated SQL hosting. Since, among the two basic types of hosting; the shared and the dedicated hosting, the latter option is much more effective having a number of advantages.
A dedicated SQL hosting means you can get advantage of a service that is solely yours and for your clients. Moreover, another plus point is that you can have an IP address and domain name, which are not public with any other website that means you can modify it in accordance with your desires. With the increasing number of internet businesses being opened up and an ever-increasing trend of ecommerce activities, every business and website owner need a dedicated SQL hosting server. This dedicated server does not only allow you to have a constant secure online backup but also help you in having a fast speed and easy response.
Basically your site's speed is determined by the fact that which type of hosting your site has; shared or dedicated. Owing to these issues, these days a multitude of hosting companies are providing dedicated SQL server hosting services to not only large businesses but small enterprises as well. However, usually a large number of choices are bound to confuse you, so is the case with this, as with so many choices, it has become a bit arduous to choose a reliable dedicated SQL hosting facility.
Regardless of these facts, you should always take into consideration a few important things while deciding upon a dedicated SQL server hosting company. First of all, since different servers provide different kinds of services so you need to make sure what are your needs and what kind of a service your business demands, whether managed or unmanaged suits your requirements. Afterwards you need to ensure that the company you are choosing is providing 24/7 tech assistance. In addition, you also need to make sure that the dedicated SQL server hosting company allows you to store piles of important data. Moreover, see if that company can sustain the heavy traffic loads or not.
Some of the basic characteristics offered by these dedicated SQL server hosting companies are; direct SQL query accessibility, simple control, simple accessibility to the database, SQL reporting facility assistance and a lot other. So, no wonder if you choose a good dedicated SQL server hosting, it will definitely help you get the advantage of advanced functions and services. You can find MS SQL server 2000 and 2005 easily available which are not only reliable but highly sophisticated as well. However, in order to find a cheap dedicated SQL server hosting, you may need to compare the features and prices of a few hosting service providers.
SQL Server 2014 definitely has some nice new features that deserve looking at, especially when it comes to "cloud" deployment on Microsoft Azure.
SQL Server 2014 New and Improved Features / Enhancements:
1. Microsoft's codename "Hekaton" in-memory OLTP engine.
2. Column store (columnstore in-memory indexes from SQL 2012) become update-able in SQL2014 by way of updateable clustered columnstore indexes -- there are some limitations and restrictions (compared to non-updateable, non-clustered version), but these new indexes should lead to faster query speeds and greater data compression for certain data-warehousing and real-time analytics needs.
3. Buffer-pool-extension support for solid-state drives -- enabling faster paging by extending the SQL Server in-memory buffer pool to SSDs.
4. Windows Azure -- automatic or manual back-ups to Azure will allow you to keep your on-site data backed up to "the cloud" at a DB-instance-level (for disaster-recovery); restore to an Azure VM if needed too. Also, a new SSMS Migration Wizard for Windows Azure Infrastructure Services makes migrating your on-site SQL-Server to "the cloud" much simpler.
5. SQL 2012 "AlwaysOn" technology extended -- SQL Server 2014 gets more "mission critical" availability with up to 8 readable secondaries and no downtime during online indexing operations; in addition, a new SSMS Wizard helps you deploy AlwaysOn secondaries to a Window Azure VM.
6. When used with Windows Server 2012 R2, Greater scalability of compute, networking and storage -- including: Scaling up to 640 logical processors and 4TB of memory in a physical environment and up to 64 virtual processors and 1TB of memory per VM; Network Virtualization that abstracts networking layer allowing easy migration of SQL Server from one data-center to another; Storage Virtualization with Storage Spaces where you create pools of storage and storage tiers to prioritize "hot" data to access premium storage (e.g., SSDs) and "cold" data to access standard storage.
7. New security features -- these enhancements should simplify administration, auditing, and some application requirements: new CONNECT ANY DATABASE Permission, IMPERSONATE ANY LOGIN Permission, SELECT ALL USER SECURABLES Permission, and ALTER ANY DATABASE EVENT SESSION Permissions;
Transact-SQL (T-SQL) improvements / enhancements:
- The SELECT ... INTO statement is improved and can now operate in parallel;
- Compiled Transact SQL (compiled T-SQL) Stored Procedures using "WITH NATIVE_COMPILATION" directive -- Expensive T-SQL stored procedures (SPs) that reference only In-memory OLTP ("Hekaton") tables can be natively compiled into machine code for further performance improvements. There are some additional requirements for compiling T-SQL that include:
1. Native compiled stored procedures must be schema-bound (use SCHEMABINDING directive);
2. Execution context is required (e.g., "EXECUTE AS OWNER");
3. Must be in an atomic block context -- BEGIN ATOMIC WITH (TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL = SNAPSHOT, LANGUAGE = N'us_english') ... statements here ... END;
4. NOTE: While these "native compiled" stored procedures are written using Transact-SQL, they do not support the full Transact-SQL surface area.
Microsoft SQL Server (MS SQL Server) is a significant development in the information technology sector. Developed by Microsoft, it is a relational database management system that is currently being used by various businesses. The primary function of this system is to store and retrieve data as asked by other software applications. These applications can be on the same computer or another machine that are connected through a common network, including the Internet.
Microsoft has developed several versions of Microsoft SQL Server that are meant for different audience as per their business size and nature. There are two primary query languages of MS SQL - T-SQL and ANSI SQL.
When Microsoft entered the enterprise-level database market with its offering SQL Server 1.0, it competed against Oracle and IBM. This launch was done somewhere in 1989 in association with Sybase and Ashton-Tate. SQL Server 1.0 that was developed for OS/2 (a computer operating system), was the same as Sybase SQL Server 3.0 on Unix, VMS etc. It later got into competition with Sybase too when the company split from it for a separate business, though on the same concept.
Since the launch of Microsoft's SQL Server 2000, various modifications have been made to enhance performance, client IDE tools and complementary systems packaged with SQL Server 2005. Some of these include an ETL tool, a Reporting Server, an OLAP and data mining server and several messaging technologies.
ïƒ˜ Different Editions
Microsoft has developed several editions of SQL that have different features are meant for diverse users. As there are various developments and vast scope in this area, it is wise for interested people to get MS SQL Server training. This shall certainly be a great step for building a great career. Lets now talk about the several developed editions:
This edition has been designed for datacenters that need high-level application support and scalability. It is capable of supporting 256 logical processors and unlimited virtual memory. While the Datacenter edition has expired in SQL Server 2012, all its features are found in SQL Server 2012 Enterprise Edition.
This edition consists of core database engine, other services and tools for designing and managing an SQL server cluster. The server supports large databases of up to 524 petabytes and 8 physical processors. It also addresses 2 terabytes of memory.
Different from the Enterprise edition, the Standard edition includes core database engine and other stand-alone services. This version is meant for fewer active instances and does not have some high-availability functions like hot-add memory and parallel indexes.
The SQL Server Web Edition is designed for Web hosting.
This one focuses on Self Service and Corporate Business Intelligence (BI). The version has the features of Standard Edition and several BI tools, including PowerPivot, Master Data Services, Data Quality Services, Power View, BI Semantic Model and xVelocity in-memory analytics.
The SQL Server Workgroup Edition also has the core database functionality, however does not consist the additional services. It is also vital to know that this edition has been retired in SQL Server 2012.
The SQL Server Express is a free version that consists of the core database engine. The edition is limited to the use of one processor, and supports 1 GB memory and 4 GB database files. There are no restraints in terms of support for the number of databases or users.
The Express edition is likely to replace MSDE. There are upgraded versions of the Express edition too, namely SQL Server Express with Tools and SQL Server Express with Advanced Services.
In the online business, to avoid any technical issue on your server, you must have to choose reliable server. You know how it is important for your online business to get secure web hosting services that make you sure that you follow all security mechanism and save you from making great losses. The website owner who has an e-Commerce website must choose the secure web hosting services. In an online business, your customer trust on your online business only if your website follows all security mechanism. It is up to you to take the essential precautions to ensure that you are not compromising with the security of your website.
Make sure that the virtual private server or sharing hosting server you have chosen for your website cannot make your server susceptible to attack by the hackers. In these kinds of server, hackers can easily attack on your website and upload malware and other malicious internet worms onto the website. There are lots of risk involve while uploading the financial data on the server like identity theft or losing large some of your money from their bank accounts. Many hackers can blacklist your company's server by carrying out spam attack. In that case, your customer will not be capable to send out emails. That makes the account useless for your some customers.
The best way to protect the account of your customer on your site from fraud and theft is by using secure web hosting services such as Blue Hosting. Blue Hosting is the fastest web-hosting provider that offers a wide range of plans at affordable price to their customers. The web site has never been easier but with the help of Blue Hosting that offer the exclusive access to dozens of free applications in the panel makes it easy. We offer you the reliable 24 hours technical supports to solve any of your questions so that you can grow faster in the market.
For an e-Commerce website owner, it is important to hire a secure web hosting company for their website that provides a secure environment and also provides the essential tools and security solution to ensure that you can secure your website. There are below some feature that aware you about secure web hosting.
* There must exist a robust firewall that blocks out any virus to the server.
* There must exist the software that prevents Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack
* The password should must be strong that are used for the access to the server and files.
A secure web hosting service provider offers you 24 hours personal services for your website. If you want to get more detail about secure web hosting plans then click here.
If you were thinking of trying your hand at blogging to attempt to generate an e-based income you will need to acquire budget hosting solutions first in order to do so. Without a budget hosting account and a domain name for your blog site you may find yourself over budget and unable to afford your hosting fees. One should definitely take the time to educate themselves on the wide variety of web hosting solutions and what they could be missing out on by acquiring a more affordable web host.
The more costly and service filled web hosting available to you today is known as dedicated website hosting. This is a very high priced hosting solution typically used by large e-commerce sites. This is due to the security provided by renting your own private server. With monthly fees as high as $150 this is definitely not a low cost or budget hosting solution for those of us looking to save a little money on hosting.
The next website hosting service down the line can be considered budget hosting. This depends directly on your overall budget though. This type of hosting solution is known as VPS (virtual private server) hosting and is so called because it is a shared partitioned server which creates a virtual private space for your website. And while you may not have the whole server to yourself it will still offer you the same basic features as a dedicated hosting package without the budget wrecking monthly fees.
The best thing about a VPS hosting package is the similarities to dedicated hosting with budget hosting plans starting at less than $10 a month. As your website or blog grows in popularity and traffic you can expand tour VPS services to as high as $100 a month to help accommodate this new growth. This is how VPS hosting can allow you to shrink your overhead while expanding your profit margins and hosting account accordingly.
And last but not least, we find ourselves looking toward the cheapest available hosting solution you can find today. This is the budget hosting solution employed by most bloggers today. It is known as shared website hosting and is so called due to the fact that your website shares a server with multiple other websites being hosted on the same server. You may however find it is less secure and has a greater chance of downtime than dedicated or VPS hosting does. While many argue that shared web hosting is less secure, it is simply a more affordable hosting solution for your budget to bare.
You can find these shared web hosting solutions for as little as $3-$20 a month in many cases. This is dependent entirely on the level of service you choose from the website hosting firm you decide upon. The higher cost shared hosting packages do offer you an increased level of security and the ability to host more domain names to boot!
And if you like many of us these days are on a budget, you want to be sure your blog hosting solutions are the best they can be for the price you can afford. Listed below are five helpful tips to help guide you through the process of finding the best budget hosting for your blog or e-commerce website. As a blogger your success is dependent on a budget web host with reliable services, and a low overhead is a solid business strategy for any online business.
The Top Five Tips for Finding Budget Hosting Packages
1. Make and stick to an attainable budget
The most important thing to account for is the amount you can afford to dedicate to your monthly hosting budget. Keep in mind that you will have to pay around $12 for your domain name for the first year and may even need to spend a little on some design and creation tools for your web site. And be very sure of what you think you can part with monthly for your hosting package before you go any further.
2. Find a top hosting firm's comparison list for reference material
There is definitely no lacking of websites dedicated to showcasing the top ten web hosting firms in their opinion. These types of websites can be a valuable resource in your search for budget hosting solutions for your blog. The top hosting firms are usually the most capable of rendering high quality services with a minimal impact on your budget. And though it may be a cheap hosting service it will still be a viable and reliable solution for your blog.
3. Narrow the scope of your search through review sites
Different web hosting reviews are usually found on the same sites as top 10 hosting comparison sites. Top 10 hosting reviews can make all the difference in your quest for hosting solutions for your blog. You should take the time to read multiple reviews to become more familiar with what is offered in the different types of hosting offer the end user. These are a few of the more reputable and reliable hosting reviews today: BlueHost review, JustHost review, GreenGeeks hosting review, FatCow review, HostMonster review, iPage review, and InMotion hosting review.
4. Put the customer support to the test
Customer support should be rapid, reliable and readily available. These are all the hallmarks of a reliable web host with quality web servers. The support test should also be reserved for the few firms you find to be the most appealing and affordable. This will assist you in deciding which hosting firm offers the best budget hosting for your particular needs and requirements.
5. A side by side comparison says it all
After assuring the support meets your quality requirements you may only be left with one or two firms to choose from. And now that you have all of the costs, web reviews, benefits and features in one place you can compare them side by side. A side by side comparison of these features and options can help you separate the viable hosting firms from the less than desirable firms.
The Final Approach To Budget Hosting
If in fact you are dead set on blogging and want to be sure you have a solid business foundation then it is recommended you acquire a VPS hosting plan from the start. You could start out with the lower cost, $10 a month budget hosting package and grow your hosting plan as your website or blog grows in popularity. This is one of the best options for those of us who wish for or expect rapid growth and want to be able to maintain our blog through it all.
Ultimately, if you feel you will not outgrow your shared hosting account then you may do just fine with a shared hosting account. You will want to be sure however, that the shared hosting plan you choose allows you to host unlimited domain names as well as a little more security than the rest of the web hosts out there.
While choosing the right hosting solutions for your budget may not be easy, it will definitely be worth the time you spent researching. And to insure your success, be sure to avoid the entanglements found in the world of free web hosting and get the solutions your budget can afford. So be sure to use these tips and guidelines when you seek out budget hosting solutions for your blog or website.
At present, everyone is interested to involve in online business as compare to offline business because by online business, you can learn a lot of things which are lacking in offline business. You can know the world, latest updates and so many things. A good web hosting service will be one of your most important allies if you are online entrepreneur because with the help of host, you will become capable in putting your website out there so that your potential customers can visit it very easily. But for this service, you will have to pay and due to this, problems can be occurred for you at outset. You can contact with the professionals of Blue Hosting who will suggest you in right direction. If you are taking help of internet for earning money then it will be very much hard to pay your web host and you want to bring the cost down as much as possible. With the help of this, it will be very easy for you to survive the initial phase of your business when the revenues are very little but if you want to save quite a bit of money then the following tips will help you a lot.
1. Go to shared web hosting: - If your business is of small scale then it is the best option for you to go for shared websites because it does not require a lot of disk space or bandwidth. If at the initial stages of your business, you have a server all to yourself then it will be major mistake done by you because you are spending a lot of money on those resources which you will not use.
2. Shop around for the best hosting plan: - Instead of wasting money on useless resources, you should look for the plans which offer you those features which you will definitely use. For example, according to your business need, you will need a particular amount of bandwidth and disk space but don't need of unlimited quantities until your business is established on large scale. You will definitely need of email addresses and databases. You can take an advantage of website builder if you get free of cost. Sometimes you are not satisfied with services of low priced plans so you should not commit to a long term plan and in that case, you can move out of those services.
3. Use discount codes or vouchers for getting an additional account: - You can use discount codes and vouchers which are easily available and these are greatly useful. An additional discount will be helpful even after managing to locate the most affordable hosting plan.
If you follow the above-given tips while selecting a web hosting service then you will feel less pressure while turning a profit quickly but make sure that you have picked a services which is reliable otherwise you will have to face so many problems. Low cost web hosting plans helps you in keeping the cost of your business down. If you want to get more tips then you will have to visit our website for further information.